Monday 18 June 2012

Little Moan (2012/13 fixtures)


I’m going to keep this short. Really, I am. Moan, grumble, whinge. Im reight mardy.
The 2012/13 Football Leaguefixtures were announced today. 23 home games, 23 away games.
Of the 23 away games, I had my eye on two: Yeovil Away and Swindon Away. They are by far the most convenient for me, dependent on public transport as I am.
Over the course of the season, there are three Saturdays for which I have commitments. Just three. September 22, I’ll be in Sheffield on the eve of the 10k. Wouldn’t a home fixture be good that weekend? We will then be in Italy on October 27 and November 3.

So what are the odds of either of those two fixtures on any of those three days?
Don’t bother getting your calculators out: it’s quite immaterial. Yeovil vs Sheffield United: Saturday, September 22. When I’ll be in Sheffield. And we’re at Swindon on November… 6. A Tuesday. An evening game. That could also be tricky, but hopefully doable.

There you go – rant over. Missing out on a trip to Yeovil is actually not as bad as United not being at home whilst I’m up North. Must ensure any other trip up that way to see family coincides with a home game. Say December 8, the nearest to my birthday? Oh look, we’re playing Carlisle. Just as we were when I was last at the Lane. November 9. Variety really is the spice of life…

…anyway, I’m sure it’ll all sort itself out. At least none of these dates clash with Spring Bank Holiday. Next challenge is to ensure that we’re not away during play-off weekend. Not that we’ll need the playoffs this season… right Blades?

Oh hang on – I’d forgotten about Portsmouth! April 20 oh I can do that! Champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment